Saturday, November 17, 2012

THANKSGIVING BLESSING MIX GOODY BAG!

Hello my crafty friends!  Today I had fun making Thanksgiving Blessing Mix Goody Bags! I used Create A Critter, Freshly Picked, Simply Charmed and Doodlecharms, as well as, Cardz TV Stamps "Thankful for You". 
If you'd like to make some too, here's what you'll need:
 Bugles
Pretzels
Candy Corn
Nuts
Raisins
M & M's
Hersey's Kisses
Here's the Blessing Mix Recipe that you can copy, paste to your own Word document, and print out for including with your goody bag.
Thanksgiving Blessing Mix:
Bugles: Shaped like a cornucopia or Horn of Plenty, a symbol of our nation's abundance.
Pretzels: Arms folded in prayer, a freedom sought by those who founded our country.

Candy corn: Sacrifices of the Pilgrims' first winter. Food was so scarce that settlers survived on just a few kernels of corn a day.

Nuts or seeds: Promise of a a future harvest, one we will reap only if seeds are planted and tended with diligence.

Dried fruits: Harvest gifts of our bountiful land.

M&Ms: Memories of those who came before us to guide us to a blessed future.
Hershey's Kiss: The love of family and friends that sweetens our lives.
Thanks so much for watching! Have fun making these goody bags for your family, friends, and co-workers...Have a blessed day!

Hugs,

21 comments:

  1. Oh my what a goody bag....great recipe going to have to make this. You are full of treats today an awesome video and a recipe your goodie bag toppers are so stinkin' cute....awesome idea and of course your stamps are the perfect touch as always....You are so sweet, thoughtful and kind!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous project Mary!! Love the treat bags and the Blessing Mix. I've never heard of this one. Thank you so much for sharing the recipe and the meaning of each with us. The cuts you used on your treat bags are just way to adorable!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these are fantastic!! I love this idea:) Thanks Mary for all of your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are really sweet!! Love the blessing!! TFS
    P.S. Got my stamps today. Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, what a great project. I love all the different toppers. I love the Blessings. I know I have so much to be thankful for, everyday. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary thanks so much for sharing this recipe. I kept a copy and will definitely use it. Mandee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! These are so cute! I love the poem. And I really like that pumpkin. I ave that cartridge but didn't know it had such a cute pumpkin on it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a great project. Love it.

    TFS Mary.

    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous and I love the recipe poem - wonderful. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so creative; I just love watching your videos. Thank you so much for sharing.
    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome idea this is. You are so creative I just love to watch all your videos. Thank you for sharing them with us. They are the best. CJ

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow I love this. Such a great I deal. TFS AJ-

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great idea. I'm going to use this idea for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mary I LOVE this idea, and am totally stealing it ;) I will have to remember this next OCtober!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this idea Mary! Looks really yummy too.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just adorable and sweet. I have never seen anything like this sweet recipe to give out for Thanksgiving. Thank you so very much for sharing this with us all. Your treat bags came out so darn cute!!!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous! Thanks for the tip on where to buy the bags too!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your blessing mix but sure wish you would have gave a copy of your print out. I cannot for the life of me get mine to print out to fit on the topper.
    Thanks for all you do
    Cathy R.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy! I used Angelina font at 11pts and it fits perfectly on the 2 1/4" x 3 3/4" cardstock! Happy Thanksgiving!
      Mary

      Delete
  19. ohhh wow, what a great recipe and I love the "blessing" to go with it, I will have to remember this, bookmarking it, I wish I could make them this yr but financially not able, no Christmas here again this yr, but next yr promises to be brighter :) Cheers, just wanted to wish you and your family a very very Happy Thanksgiving, enjoy your feast and togetherness, may the whole holiday season from now till the new yr be wonderful for you and yours Mary :) hugs ohh yes and TFS :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing from you!